Tune in every Thursday at 6 p.m. during the summer to talk about why the Bears will win the NFC North in 2009, whether the Bulls should re-sign Ben Gordon, whether the Cubs will win a playoff game in 2009, and whether the Sox can repeat in the A.L. Central. We'll also hand out Dude's Nasty and Dude's Garbage awards to our top and not-so-top performers of the week. Guests will frequent the show all summer long, ranging from the new RU athletic director to various sports figures around the city.
We're two shows in and have already given final grades to the 2009 Blackhawks after their season ended last week and to John Paxson after he officially resigned as Bulls GM. We don't like the idea of a Super Bowl in London, and we're having a hard time deciding what the Bulls should do with Ben Gordon.
Find recaps of shows below. Complete podcasts of shows will be available shortly.
Got a compliment, insult or general thought? Email me at email@example.com.
Thursday, May 21 - The Premiere
- The Blackhawks are in trouble: the Red Wings are just too good, too efficient. Going six games would be a moral victory.
- John Paxson's final grade as Bulls GM. You may be surprised.
- Bulls should re-sign Ben Gordon and make two Pitt stops come draft time.
- London can have the Pro Bowl, not the Super Bowl.
- Our first weekly Dude's Nasty and Dude's Garbage awards (hint: if you schedule a WWE event during the NBA playoffs, you're garbage).
Thursday, May 28
- Final grade for the Blackhawks after heartbreaking season-ending loss in Game 5. Let's just say you won't need anyone at Simeon to change this grade.
- Derrick Rose may have cheated, not that this will affect the careers of him or former coach John Calipari.
- Zambrano goes berserk; could this actually help the Cubs relax?
- Flip-flop alert: We pull a 180 on our stances on the Bulls re-signing Ben Gordon and looking to Pitt for both first-round picks.
- Dude's Nasty: 44 saves, including one I'm-lying-on-my-stomach-so-I'll-throw-my-leg-up-and-make-a-game-saving-save-with-the-game-tied-and-less-than-10-seconds-left stop, gets Cristobal Huet some love.